Rufford Country House Trail
|Rufford Abbey Country House in 1840|
Take a tour of Rufford Country House and learn about the history of this great house during the Victorian and Edwardian period.
The tour lasts for around one hour and starts at the Turning Circle, which is the large circular gravelled area at the front of the building, which is marked Point 1 on the map.
Please note that this tour has some restricted access for people. There are paths around the house for those with wheelchairs, pushchairs or any mobility difficulties, which we encourage you to make use of, if you feel that using the steps could cause you any issues.
Audio tour files
Note - You can download the audio files by right-clicking on each one, then selecting the 'Save link as' option.
- Introduction: How to use this audio tour
- Track 1: The Turning Circle
- Track 2: Entrance to the House
- Track 3: Inside the ruins of the Country House
- Track 4: The Demolished Country House
- Track 5: The Cellarium Store Room for the Country House
- Track 6: The Frater Servants Dining Room
- Track 7: The Kitchens
- Track 8: The Orangery
- Track 9: The South Courtyard
- Track 10: The Stable Courtyard
Download the audio transcript [Word].