Remembering Nottinghamshire’s Great War heroes
11 November 2018 marked 100 years since the end of World War 1.
The County Council hosted and supported a series of events to commemorate the centenary of the end of the war and the sacrifice of men and women from across Nottinghamshire.
The events included:
- Nottinghamshire's Victoria Cross World War 1 heroes – a touring exhibition at local libraries from July to November 2018
- summer outdoor Screening of the film 'War Horse' at Rufford Abbey Country Park
- 1918 Armistice Anniversary Concert at the Theatre Royal in November 2018
- Nottinghamshire Centenary Commemoration of the ending of the Great War and Armed Forces Covenant signing at Southwell Minster
- Games of Remembrance - women and men from the British Army played the German Armed Forces in two football matches
- Battle's Over – A Nation's Tribute on Victoria Embankment.
Great War Memorial
Read more about the plans for the Great War memorial in the Memorial Gardens on Nottingham's Victoria Embankment, close to the City of Nottingham War Memorial.