Report abuse or neglect of an adult

This service is for


Abuse can happen anywhere - in a residential or nursing home, a hospital, in the workplace, at a day centre or educational establishment, in supported housing, in the street or in the person's own home.

In an emergency call 999. To report a crime call 101.

Our Referral Prompt sheet [PDF] provides a quick glance guide to support you when making safeguarding adults referrals. 

If you are a member of the public, visit our report abuse or neglect as a member of the public page

Report abuse or neglect now

Alternative ways to do this

If you are a professional and have concerns about an adult at risk then you can call us on 0300 500 80 90 to discuss your concerns.

  •  Monday, Tuesday, Thursday: 8:30am to 5pm
  • Wednesday 10:30am to 5pm
  • Friday: 8:30am to 4:30pm

Telephone queues are generally shorter in the morning, so you may wish to call then.

In an emergency outside of these hours, contact the Emergency Duty Team on 0300 456 4546.

Please note, in the last 30 minutes of these opening hours each day, the MASH can only address urgent safeguarding concerns that require a Social Worker to visit the child or adult that evening. If the concern is not urgent, you will be asked to call back the next working day or use our online form which will be reviewed the next working day. This is because of the hand-over to the Emergency Duty Team.

If you are a professional, for support on reporting a safeguarding concern about an adult take a look at our helping us help you page when contact the MASH.

Share this page?