Become a Healthier Option Takeaway (HOT)
HOTs are committed to offering healthier ways of preparing, cooking or serving food and drink to their customer. It's not about fundamentally changing what you do but making small changes that mean your customers get a healthier choice.
Examples could be:
- cutting down on the amount of salt and sugar you put in a dish
- letting fried food drain off oil more
- changing your fridge display so healthier drinks are more prominent.
Why become a HOT?
Becoming a HOT could benefit your business as well as helping your customer eat more healthily. By being a HOT you'll receive marketing material for your restaurant/ takeaway to let your customers know that you're offering healthier options.
By making a few simple changes you could:
- increase customer choice, satisfaction and sales
- enhance the reputation of your business
- receive a certificate and promotional material to display in premises
- have your business included in our Healthier Options Takeaways website and database.
How to become a HOT
Any takeaway in Nottinghamshire can become a HOT. There is no charge but you must have a food hygiene rating of 3 or above.
To become a HOT you need to:
- download the assessment form [PDF] and fill it in. For help completing the form see our guidance [PDF].
- return the assessment form to the Health Development Officer for your area. They will score your form and if you have enough points you will be awarded the HOT status
- you will receive a HOT certificate and other publicity material to display in your premises and be added to the HOT database on our website.
If you have any queries about the HOT scheme please contact the Health Development Officer for your area
Contact the relevant Health Development Officer for your area:
- Ashfield - The team team telephone 01623 457274 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bassetlaw - Andrea Stewart telephone 01777 713764 or email email@example.com
- Broxtowe - Sue Hickley telephone 0115 9173612 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gedling - Samuel Palmer telephone 0115 9013846 or email@example.com
- Mansfield - Amanda Hooke telephone 01623 463190 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Newark and Sherwood telephone - Environmental Health, Environmental.Health@nsdc.info
- Rushcliffe - Denise Sawyer, email email@example.com