New to the Role of Designated Safeguarding lead (PVI)
Practitioners new to the role of designated Safeguarding lead (PVI).
About this course
This course is to enable those whose role is that of the Designated Person to manage their safeguarding responsibilities in an early years setting. For more details please see 'Course aims and outcomes' below.
The external provider for this course is Hempsall's, and their training delivery is via Microsoft Teams. Please note when booking this course that names and email addresses may show on the screen during this training due to the platform of delivery. Hempsalls will only use this information for the sole purpose of the DSL course.
Dates, times and venue
Please note: there will be a short session for this course on 10 November 2021. You need to attend this session AND the course session on 17 November.
10 November 2021 (brief introduction)
17 November 2021
1pm - 1:30pm
1pm - 3.30pm
Microsoft Teams (Online)
The following costs will apply to this training course:
Courses are payable by credit or debit card at the time of booking, please follow the instructions on Eventbrite – invoices will not be sent for these courses.
By the end of the course the Designated Person will:
- Develop a clear understanding of the role of the safeguarding designated lead
- Understand how local and national research, guidance and knowledge informs best practice for safeguarding children
- Recognise and respond to risks which may increase the risk of harm
- Explore tools that could assist professionals to create and embed a safe culture through the use of effective supervision and multi-agency working, in line with the national legislation and guidance and Ofsted requirements
- Understand safer recruitment of staff and volunteers and tackle inappropriate behaviours in line with local procedures.
You must use the Eventbrite link to book a course. You cannot contact the course admin to book.
Make sure you have your manager's approval before booking on a course.
If you have booked a place but find you cannot make it, remember to cancel your place so others can attend.
Please remember to bring your Eventbrite ticket on the day.
If you fail to attend a course you have booked on without cancelling your place via your Eventbrite account no refund will be given.
To view or change your booking in any way (such as cancelling your place) you must setup an Eventbrite account.
The email address you use to set up your account must be the same you used when originally booking the course.
Make sure your email address is correct or you will not receive any of the course information or notifications.
If you cannot go on a course and want a colleague to go in your place: if there are still places left then your colleague must book their own place and you must cancel yours. Call 0115 977 2510 to change the booking.
If you need more information please contact our business support team:
- Telephone: 0115 977 2510
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org