Supporting families with young children
The Early Years Team in North Mansfield Children’s Centre has developed a wide range of activity packs for local parents with children under 5. They have worked with Warsop Community Support Group to give out hundreds of packs during the holidays.
The packs were delivered to vulnerable families; accessed from the Children's Centre, and distributed through the local Co-op for families to pick up when shopping.
- New Baby Pack: included a congratulations letter, a service request form, baby massage information, footprint and hand-print poem, memory book, paint/paint brush, a black and white book and information about reading, 0-12 months top tips and leaflets for how to know your baby is well, and Tummy Time.
- Language Baby Pack: included baby’s first words leaflet, a nursery rhyme book, peek-a-boo rhyme and making a star resource.
- Physical baby pack - 10 activity packs were delivered to new parents in Warsop. These included a sensory ball and leaflets for physical development, movement and development, tummy time, tiny talkers, and paint and paint brush.
- Harvest Festival activities: included a cut and stick activity related to the harvest festival celebration, and a squirrel and hedgehog template to decorate, as well as a collage and stickers.
- Halloween pack: included a cut and stick activity related to Halloween, a spider template, Spiderman mask and a cobweb template to decorate, as well as a collage and stickers. These were provided for the local community with children under 5.
- Autumn Walk: included a cut and stick activity, a scarecrow to decorate, autumn walk checklist, collage and stickers.
- My Favourite pet: included a cut and stick activity related to pets, and a goldfish, cat and dog template to decorate, as well as a collage and stickers.
The Gingerbread Man: Warsop Children’s Centre provided 100 activity packs for home learning, which included cut and stick activity images that related to the story, a fox mask to decorate, a collage, a gingerbread man to decorate, a poem and mini gingerbread biscuits and stickers. These were provided for the local community with children under 5.