Support for patients being discharged from hospital during the COVID-19 pandemic
The Nottingham and Nottinghamshire Local Resilience Forum is the group of local organisations responsible for emergency planning within Nottingham and Nottinghamshire.
During the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic it has helped co-ordinate and put in place a number of voluntary services working across the City and County to offer different types of support to those who need it.
As someone who has recently been discharged from hospital, or who is supporting someone who has recently been discharged, we wanted to make sure you are aware of the help that is available in your area. Within Nottingham and Nottinghamshire there are local volunteer groups and services who can help you with:
- access to food delivery: from commercial food outlets who offer a food delivery or click and collect service to help from a volunteer with food shopping and food deliveries
- access to food supply: such as food banks for individuals able to confirm they are without financial means
- accessing medicine: collecting and delivering prescriptions from a pharmacy or supermarket
- dog walking: walking your dog(s) if you are unable to get out of the house
- befriending / social wellbeing: having a friendly chat over the phone, and providing updates on what is going on in your local area regarding COVID-19
- physical wellbeing: staying mobile and active.
If you are a Nottinghamshire County resident then you can find our more information about how to access help by visiting the Nottinghamshire Coronavirus Community Support Hub.
If you are without internet access then please phone 0300 500 8080 (open 8am to 5pm, Monday to Friday) and one of our customer advisors will be able to help you complete your support request. If you require urgent assistance outside of these hours, please phone the Police on 101.
If you are a Nottingham City resident then you can find our more information about how to access help by visiting www.nottinghamcity.gov.uk/coronavirus.
If you are without internet access then you will need to call the City Council Customer Hub on 0115 915 5555 between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday. If you require urgent assistance outside of these hours, please phone the Police on 101.