Learning disability

If you have a learning disability and live in Nottinghamshire there is a variety of support available from individuals and local organisations. 

How to get support

If you think you need social care support, start by looking at our Nottinghamshire Help Yourself website. Here you will find information and advice about support for adults with a learning disability, as well as search for local organisations that can provide care services. 

Our Promoting Independence Workers can help you to become more independent by supporting you to develop daily living skills, use public transport or take part in activities to meet your needs. The aim is to improve your confidence and skills so you can eventually achieve these things without support.

If you think you need care and support from us visit our care and support in Nottinghamshire page for more information. You will need to have a care and support assessment to find out if you are eligible for care and what type of support we can provide. 

How to find work

Our iwork team can support people with a learning disability to find employment. To find out more, visit our employment support for people with a disability page

Somewhere to live

If your needs are greater, and if you are eligible, you may need to consider residential care. Please visit the Care Quality Commission for information about care homes in Nottinghamshire, including their current quality ratings.

We also run our own residential care home for adults with learning disabilities called Church Street.

Supported living is for people with a learning disability or mental health problem who want to live as independently as possible. We provide a range of care options to suit different levels of needs.

Find out more

If you have any question or want to find out more you can contact us by:

Share this page?