Fireworks licences

If you intend to supply fireworks all year round you will need a fireworks licence in addition to an explosives licence.

If you only intend to supply fireworks during the following periods you will not need a fireworks licence, but will still need an explosives licence:

  • on the first day of the Chinese New Year and the three days immediately before it
  • on the day of Diwali and the three days immediately before it
  • during the period beginning on 15 October and ending on 10 November
  • during the period beginning on 26 December and ending on 31 December.

Certain exemptions apply to the short term storage of fireworks - please email for details.


The fee for a licence is £500, renewable annually.


Download, print and fill in the fireworks licence application form [PDF], then return with a cheque made payable to Nottinghamshire County Council.

Further information

This information is a brief summary of the law as it relates to the storage of explosives. It is not an authoritative document on the law and is only intended for guidance.

For more information:

Share this page?