Support, advice and networking for voluntary and community groups
The links below will help you find support, advice and networking opportunities.
General information and useful resources
- The Charity Commission registers and regulates charities in England and Wales, to ensure that the public can support charities with confidence.
- Charity Excellence Framework allows you to health check your charity in half a day, with access to the largest resource base in the sector and the only COVID funder database. Everything you need in one place and everything is free.
- Climate Change - Community Directory contains grants, support and information for community groups to help identify opportunities to help transition to net zero. They are grouped into four main categories: National funding, Local funding, Support and Information.
- Code of Good Governance for the Voluntary and Community Sector is a practical tool to help charities and their trustees develop high standards of governance.
- Community Accounting Plus is a charity set up to help other voluntary and community organisations manage themselves well in all areas of accounting and finance.
- Community Friendly Nottinghamshire understands that power resides within the community. This Facebook page is a space to help build local relationships and ignite a passion in residents to address concerns and support Nottinghamshire communities to flourish by providing up-to-date community news, events, training and funding.
- Community Re-Paint Nottinghamshire work with community organisations, local authorities, housing associations, and retailers to collect leftover, reusable paint and redistribute it into communities in need.
- Do-it.org is a national volunteering database which can be used by organisations to advertise for volunteers or by the public to search for volunteer roles.
- My Community offer a range of help and advice, from funding tips to volunteer management support.
- National Council for Voluntary Organisations (NCVO) represent and support voluntary organisations of all sizes, providing guidance on governance, training and practical tools and resources.
- Notts Help Yourself is a directory of local and national organisations providing services in Nottinghamshire.
- Self Help UK helps promote, support and encourage Self Help Groups, both locally in Nottinghamshire and nationwide.
- Small Charities Coalition support small charities to access the skills, tools and information they need to get going.
- The Good Trustee Guide (easy-read) provides comprehensive information about a trustee's role, and guidance on developing an effective trustee board.
- Volunteering Solutions produce training resources and materials for volunteers and support staff.
- National Council for Voluntary Organisations (NCVO) have created a 'Funding and income planner' to help organisations plan towards sustainability.
- Nottinghamshire 4 Community Funding Portal
- A guide to National Lottery funding
- Central Government - Find a grant
Working with adults
Working with children and young people
- care and support for children in Nottinghamshire
- Nottinghamshire Safeguarding Children Board
- Notts Outdoors are the outdoor and environmental education service from Nottinghamshire County Council.
- Safe Network
If you can’t find the information about the support, advice and networks that you’re looking for, please contact the Communities Team:
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- telephone: 0115 977 2041