Where and when fibre broadband will be available
Should you be unable to determine what broadband services are available at your premises through the use of the broadband availability checkers below, please contact the Better Broadband for Nottinghamshire team via email@example.com and a member of the team will be happy to assist you.
1. Check which broadband providers are available at your postcode
- BT Broadband checker
- Virgin Broadband checker
- Glide Broadband checker
- Hyperoptic availability checker
- CityFibre checker
- Quickline coverage checker
Other broadband checkers are available.
2. Check your current contract
Before placing an order it is important to take a look at your current broadband contract. Typically, customers sign-up for contracts over 12, 18 or 24 months. If you are still within your contract, many broadband companies will facilitate an upgrade to a fibre package without penalty.
Take some time to explore your options and choose the right deal for you. Use a comparison website like Ofcom, MoneySuperMarket or thinkbroadband.com. Be conscious of offers in your local and national media. Please be aware that not all comparison websites will account for offerings across the market due to commercial arrangements. When comparing packages it is important to consider the following:
- Speed – This should be checked carefully as some broadband packages can restrict your download/upload speeds in return for a cheaper tariff.
- Usage - Some tariffs will dictate the maximum limit of downloads/uploads per month whereas some packages will provide unlimited usage with no limits.
- Contract - Check the contract length you are being offered. It is important to take note of the time you will be entering a contract for. Typically, it will be 12, 18 or 24 months.
- Calls - Many providers will offer a combined package which provides a telephone service alongside your broadband connection. You may be able to save money this way. TV services are another aspect commonly bundled in packages.
- Offers - There are many incentives on offer from different providers in an effort to get you to sign up to their products. Typical options are discounted introductory deals (6 months half-price line rental etc) or vouchers for high street shopping.
4. Choose your internet service provider (ISP) and place your order
Select your internet service provider which best suits your requirements and place your order.
If you can’t find the information you are looking for on this website, please contact the broadband team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, including your postcode to help us deal with your enquiry.