Apply for a school place for September 2015, as part of the normal admissions round
If your child lives in Nottinghamshire, you must apply for a school place through Nottinghamshire County Council, even if the schools you want are outside Nottinghamshire.
If you are unsure whether you live in the area covered by Nottinghamshire County Council, you can find your home local authority using the DirectGov search facility.
Applications for secondary school places can be made between 11 August 2014 and 31 October 2014 for those children:
- transferring from primary school (year 6) to secondary education (year 7)
- applying for a place at a 14-19 school (year 10).
National offer day - 2 March 2015
National offer day transfer to secondary school (year 7) factsheet [PDF]
Post offer day transfer to secondary school (year 7) factsheet [PDF]
National offer day 14-19 school (year 10) factsheet [PDF]
Post offer day 14-19 school (year 10) factsheet [PDF]·
Outcome and acceptance
- We are unable to provide information regarding offers over the phone, please wait for your offer email or letter. All letters will be posted 2 nd class on 2 March 2015
- If you made an online application you mustaccept the offer of the school place online
- If you are emailing to accept the offer of a school place, our records will be updated accordingly and you need take no further action.
If you wish to appeal a decision information, please see appeal information
If you are enquiring about waiting list positions, the majority of Nottinghamshire Secondary Schools hold their own waiting lists and you will need to contact the school directly to discuss.
For enquiries regarding the waiting lists for the following schools only, contact the Admissions Team on 01623 433499:
- Colonel Frank Seely School
If you have submitted a late application this will be processed after 16 March 2015.
Change of address
If you are emailing details of a new address, we will update our records accordingly. If we need additional information in respect of your house move we will contact you in due course.
Applications for primary school places can be made between 3 November 2014 and 15 January 2015 for those children:
- who are 5 years old between 1 September 2015 and 31 August 2016 (reception year)
- transferring from infant school (year 2) to junior education (year 3).
You can find your catchment area school. The best way to apply is online. If you cannot apply online, you can contact the school admissions team on 01623 433499 for help with making an application [PDF].
Key information which you should refer to before making your 4 preferences:
Admission to school at all other times
Applications for school places at all other times (known as in-year applications) are dealt with differently. If you have not already applied for a school place for September 2014 you should contact us on 0300 500 8080.
For further information, please contact the Council:
- Tel: 0300 500 80 80
- Minicom: 01623 434993
- Or use our online form