How you can apply:
- online via the Citizens Portal - this is the quickest way to apply and you will receive your outcome by email.
- telephone on 0300 500 80 80 - your outcome will be posted 2nd class.
You should only apply to Nottinghamshire County Council for schools in the in-year coordinated scheme. For all other schools, you should contact the school directly.
- applications can be made up to 6 weeks before the required start date
- applications must be made by a person with parental responsibility
- we recommend that you state up to 4 preferences, starting with the school you most prefer
- the application process can take up to 20 school days and your child should continue to attend their current school until an admission date has been agreed.
If your request for a school place is refused, you will have the right to an independent appeal. Full details will be provided with the outcome of your application including information about how to appeal.
If you have recently moved house you may be requested to provide proof of residence so that the admission authority can verify the address of your child.
If you move house within Nottinghamshire and you want your child to stay at their current school, they may do so although you may not be eligible for help with any transport costs. It is important, therefore, that you consider transport to school and check your entitlement.
Moving into the catchment area of a school will not guarantee your child a place at that school.
Schools information and oversubscription criteria 2018-2019
Other Nottinghamshire schools
For all other Nottinghamshire schools you should contact the school directly for details on how to apply as they process their own admissions. Contact details and oversubscription criteria are listed below.
Applications for places in early year settings, nursery schools and post 16 provision should be made directly to the relevant nursery/provision.
Other local authority areas
To apply for schools in other local authority areas you should contact the local authority directly for advice on how to apply.
- in-year 2018 admissions outcomes of your application – factsheet [PDF]
- in-year application form [PDF]
- admissions to schools: guide for parents 2018-2019, applying for school places in-year [PDF]