In-year applications for September 2017 can be made from Monday 12 June 2017.
You should contact us on 0300 500 80 80 for information about where to apply for an in-year school place. It is not possible to apply online for in-year school places.
- applications can be made up to 6 weeks before the required start date
- applications must be made by a person with parental responsibility
- we recommend that you state up to 4 preferences, starting with the school you most prefer
- the application process can take up to 20 school days and your child should continue to attend their current school until an admission date has been agreed.
You should only apply to Nottinghamshire for schools in the in-year coordinated scheme. For all other schools, you should contact the school directly.
If your request for a school place is refused, you will have the right to an independent appeal. Full details will be provided with the outcome of your application including information about how to appeal.
If you have recently moved house you may be requested to provide proof of residence so that the admission authority can verify the address of your child.
If you move house within Nottinghamshire and you want your child to stay at their current school, they may do so although you may not be eligible for help with any transport costs. It is important, therefore, that you consider transport to school and check your entitlement.
Moving into the catchment area of a school will not guarantee your child a place at that school.
Other Nottinghamshire schools
For all other Nottinghamshire schools you should contact the school directly for details on how to apply as they process their own admissions. Contact details and oversubscription criteria are listed below.
Applications for places in early year settings, nursery schools and post 16 provision should be made directly to the relevant nursery/provision.
Other local authority areas
To apply for schools in other local authority areas you should contact the local authority directly for advice on how to apply.
- in-year 2017 admissions outcomes of your application - factsheet [PDF]
- in-year application form [PDF]
- Fair Access Protocol [PDF]
- Fair Access Protocol factsheet [PDF]
- Before applying, please read the admissions to schools guides. This contains important information about how school places are allocated and the extra help available to you and your child.