Apply for a school place
If you are applying for a school place for September 2019 read the following information before completing the form.
- first admission and transfer to junior/primary education [PDF]
- school places in-year September 2019 [PDF]
- secondary school place [PDF]
View details of when to apply for school places.
The Admission to schools: Guide for parents contains important information about how to apply, how school places are allocated, and the extra help available to you and your child.
You will need
- Unique Identifier (UID) code - you will find this on the letter sent by us and it will look similar to this 89119HSMUQQM6AB
- to make 4 school preferences
- an email account
What will happen next
It will take approximately 15 to 20 minutes to complete the online application form.
- once you've submitted your application you can still change your 4 preferences right up until the closing date, just ensure you submit your changes.
- you can save the form at any point and come back to it later
- for security, the website will timeout if you do not use it
- do not use the browser's back button - use the back button on each page.
Alternative ways to do this
You can also apply for a school place by contacting us on 0300 500 80 80 or by downloading and completing an application form [PDF].