About our senior officers and pay policy statement
Nottinghamshire County Council is the largest employer in the county, we:
- employ 18,000 people overall
- have a budget of £1.1 billion
- deliver 440 services to 796,200 people
- are the 11th largest authority in England.
The Chief Executive and the four Corporate Directors are responsible for delivering:
- the Council's strategic objectives
- managing the activities of the Council's employees
- delivering service improvement and transformation
- balancing the budget
- advising councillors on the potential implication or political decisions.
The team work closely with all politicians to provide an overall leadership and direction for the Council to ensure priorities are addressed and local needs are met.
They also manage the Council's overall performance and work closely with organisations like the police, NHS, wider business community and the voluntary sector to deliver the Council's strategic priorities.
While public accountability and responsibilities have increased over recent years, the Chief Executive and the corporate leadership team continue to balance the political and managerial dynamics of the Council.
The public's democratically elected representatives (the local Councillors) decide the level of remuneration for chief officers on the basis of particular accountability and responsibilities and the size of the job, this includes:
- the range of services to be provided
- the number of employees
- the size of the local population.
Members of the Corporate Leadership Team include:
- Anthony May: Chief Executive
- David Pearson: Corporate Director, Adult Social Care, Health and Public Protection
- Jayne Francis-Ward: Corporate Director, Policy, Planning and Corporate Services
- Tim Gregory: Corporate Directors, Environment and Resources
- Dr Chris Kenny: Director of Public Health Nottinghamshire County and Nottingham City
- Colin Pettigrew: Corporate Director, Children, Families and Cultural Service.
Pay policy statement
The County Council's Pay Policy Statement provides details about the pay of our Chief Executive and senior officers and how it relates to the pay of other County Council employees.