Get on board our new Nottsbus ECOnnect vehicles
The quieter, smoother, greener way to travel
We are committed to improving air quality, addressing climate change and exploring sustainable transport opportunities. This is why we've introduced two brand new electric buses on the 510 and 511 routes running between Beeston, Toton and Stapleford.
The Nottsbus ECOnnect 510 and 511 bus services provide a vital service for many people who cannot access the commercial bus network, providing access to training, employment, health, shopping and leisure facilities. The services also provide convenient connections to other bus and tram services to Nottingham and Derby.
Benefits of electric buses include:
- zero exhaust emissions - helping reduce harmful emissions which impact on health and the environment
- reduced C02 emissions and helps address climate change
- reduced running costs due to cheaper costs of electricity compared to diesel
- smooth and quiet journeys - no engine noise so passengers can enjoy a better journey experience
- larger seating capacity - allowing more users to access the service
- emission-free rides to popular destinations such as:
- Attenborough Nature Reserve
- Bardills Garden Centre
- Japanese Water Gardens
- Stapleford and Beeston Town Centres
- Chilwell Retail Park.
Get the ticket to cheaper, greener travel
We have partnered with Nottingham Express Transit (NET) to provide a new Nottsbus ECOnnect Plus ticket.
The new ticket provides all-day travel on the 510/511 bus routes and also on the tram network connecting at Toton Lane Park and Ride and Beeston Bus and Tram Interchange.
- adults: £5
- under 19: £3.
Tickets can only be purchased on the new buses. Initially passengers will not be able to purchase this ticket from the tram ticket machines. This will be reviewed in the future.
It is hoped the brand new buses and great value connections with the tram will encourage residents to use zero emission public transport as an alternative to private cars, and enjoy a quieter, smoother, greener way to travel.
The new Nottsbus ECOnnect battery-electric buses have been funded in partnership with UK Government.
Timetables and fares
- 510/511 timetable [PDF]
- 510 timetable [PDF] printer-friendly version
- 511 timetable [PDF] printer-friendly version.