Residents' parking schemes
A residents parking scheme is a form of controlled parking scheme or zone where parking in a street or area is controlled in order to help residents park their vehicles. They are provided in areas where vehicles not belonging to residents are making this difficult.
Your duties as a permit holder
It is your duty to ensure:
- your permit is valid for the scheme area in which you are parking
- your permit has not expired
- the registration number on your permit is correct
- your permit is used in accordance with the conditions of issue
- the permit is clearly displayed within the windscreen of the vehicle.
A permit may be withdrawn or invalidated if:
- it is found that a permit is not being used in accordance with these guidelines
- it is found that a person is no longer eligible to hold a permit
- the permit is altered or defaced in any way or passed to unauthorised users.
Warning: Any person knowingly making a false statement to fraudulently obtain a permit is liable to a fine not exceeding £2,500 (section 115/2 Road Traffic Act 1984).