Blue Badge application documents
You are required to provide evidence of your identity, address and qualifying criteria when making your blue badge application.
We have listed below which documents are acceptable to use. We do not return documents once your application has been processed so please only provide a photocopy of the document if you need to retain the original for your own records
Proof of address:
- current Council Tax bill showing your name and address, dated within the last 12 months
- valid driving licence
- benefit letter from the DWP dated within the last 12 months
- pension letter from the Pension Service dated within the last 12 months
- if under 16, a confirmation letter from the school the child attends
- housing benefit (or other benefit) letter dated within the last 12 months
- award letter from the Service Personnel and Veterans agency dated within the last 12 months
- a confirmation letter from Social Services or other Local Authority service confirming the customer is resident at that address.
- bank Statement or Utility bill dated within the last 3 months.
Proof of identity:
- valid driving licence
- birth/Adoption Certificate
- marriage/Divorce Certificate
- NCC Bus Pass
- certificate of British Nationality
- HMS Forces Card
- identity Card for foreign nationals.
Supporting documents relating to your disability:
- a letter of diagnosis, as up to date as possible
- evidence of the progression of the condition over time
- evidence of prescribed medications relevant to your condition
- evidence of specialist consultations or referrals for such
- evidence of risk planning/assessment
- your patient summary or Summary Care Records
- education Health and Care Plans (EHCP)
- care plans from social care teams
- social housing letters/assessment reports from local authority
- letters from other professionals involved in your care
- personal Independence Payment (PIP) decision letters
- evidence of other benefits received
- contact details of professionals who can support your application.
Supporting documents relating to your qualifying benefit:
- proof of Personal Independence Payment (Must include breakdown of either Moving around score of 8 or more for PIPMOVE and 10 points under Planning and following a journey descriptor – must be descriptor E ‘cannot undertake any journey because it would cause overwhelming psychological distress to the claimant’ and must state end date of award) – Dated within the last 12 months
- proof of higher rate disability allowance – dated within the last 12 months
- proof of War Pensioners Mobility Supplement - dated within the last 12 months
- proof of being awarded a lump sum benefit at tariff 1-8 of the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme and have been certified as having a permanent and substantial disability which causes inability to walk or very considerable difficulty in walking – dated within the last 12 months
- proof of being registered blind -CVI or BD.
Where to send documents:
You can attach your documents to your online application. If you need to send a copy of your documents by post to support your application, please send them to:
Blue Badge Team, PO Box 1889, Nottingham, NG2 9RU