Planning Obligations Strategy
The County Council maintains and regularly updates a Planning Obligations Strategy in order to set out its approach to seeking planning obligations for the information of applicants and District Council planning authorities.
The aim of the Strategy is to provide a fair, consistent and transparent basis for the negotiation of planning obligations for those matters that affect the services and advice provided by the County Council.
The Strategy sets out the context for seeking planning obligations and includes a series of tables that indicate:
- current guidance
- types of facilities for which provision may be required
- types of development which may trigger need
- forms in which contributions may be sought
- thresholds for the size of development for which contributions would be sought
- how costs are calculated.
The Strategy (last updated January 2021) can be downloaded below: