Developer Contributions Strategy
The County Council maintains and regularly updates a Developer Contributions Strategy which sets out its approach to seeking developer contributions towards its services. The Strategy is intended to be used as a guide to help inform prospective developers of the potential infrastructure requirements associated with new developments and to assist District / Borough Planning Authorities in determining planning applications.
The aim of the Strategy is to provide a fair, consistent, and transparent basis for the negotiation of planning contributions for those matters that affect the services provided by the County Council.
The Strategy sets out the context for seeking developer contributions and includes information on:
- current guidance governing the use of developer contributions
- types of facilities for which contributions may be required
- types and size of development which may trigger need for contributions
- forms in which contributions may be sought
- how contribution costs are calculated.
The Strategy was adopted by the Council on 7 December 2021.