Apply for a Business Recovery Grant
If your business has been impacted by the recent floods hitting Nottinghamshire, you can apply below for the Government’s Business Recovery Grant of up to £2,500.
Note: This grant is for businesses impacted by the recent bouts of flooding. If your home has been affected, you should contact your district council.
This fund is in addition to the hardship grant provided by Nottinghamshire County Council.
The Guidance from the national government states that the Business Recovery Grant can only be paid to:
- small and medium sized businesses – ie larger and local businesses part of a national chain are likely to be ineligible
- SME properties that have been directly impacted by flooding – ie businesses experiencing flood damage to the property, equipment and/or stock
- SME properties that have been indirectly impacted by flooding – ie businesses having had no / highly-restricted access to premises, equipment and/or stock as a result of flooding; having restricted access for customers, suppliers and/or staff and directly suffered a loss of trade as a result.
The national government advises that the grant cannot be used in the following circumstances:
- where a business has made no efforts to seek appropriate insurance
- where a business has failed to take recommended measures following previous flooding
- for routine business expenses / costs recoverable elsewhere.
Public bodies with properties impacted by the flooding cannot be supported through this grant.
You will need
- basic details (e.g. address, email, type of business) of your organisation
- VAT no and company registration (if applicable)
- company bank account details
- relevant Insurance details, including Insurance Provider and Policy number
- details of how your business has been impacted by the flooding
What will happen next
Once you have completed the application, a member of our team will review and be in-touch within seven working days.Start application