As an employer, we offer a wide range of flexible and family friendly employment initiatives and working arrangements to the majority of our employees. These are aimed at creating a positive working environment in which employees are able to work to their full potential and achieve a healthy work/life balance.
- a comprehensive induction, training and development programme
- generous annual leave provisions, in addition to 8 days statutory bank holiday entitlement
- flexible working hours
- career-average pension scheme
- childcare voucher scheme
- a commitment to healthy working, including a health promotion programme and 'Westfield Health' - a comprehensive employee health plan
- job share policy
- career break scheme
- special leave provisions for employees with caring responsibilities and for the observance of religious festivals
- employee counselling service
- three staff networks:
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Trans (LGBT) staff network
- Black and Minority Ethnic (BME) network
- Disabled Employees Support Network
- we are a Stonewall Top 100 employer, and a Disability Confident Employer, demonstrating our commitment to equality
- we are a Living Wage employer, paying the nationally agreed Living Wage hourly rate to over 2,000 of the Council’s lowest paid employees. The Living Wage is an hourly rate of pay, set independently every year and based on the cost of living in the UK.
Download the Local Government salary scales for 2019-20 [PDF]
Local Government Pension Scheme
This is an occupational pension scheme available to employees of Nottinghamshire County Council, along with other Local Government organisations such as Nottinghamshire District and Borough Councils, many Nottinghamshire Colleges and some smaller employers in Nottinghamshire. More information about the scheme can be found at the Nottinghamshire Pension Funds website.
Childcare voucher scheme
We have appointed a company called Computershare Voucher Services to administer childcare vouchers to our employees using a salary sacrifice scheme. Through this scheme, working parents can opt to exchange part of their salary for childcare vouchers.
Exempt from tax and National Insurance contributions, childcare vouchers are used to pay for any form of registered or approved childcare, including nurseries, nannies and pre- and after-school clubs.
Parents employed by us are able to save up to £1196 per year on childcare (subject to individual circumstances), by requesting up to £243 per month in vouchers.
For further information on whether you could benefit by using this scheme, contact Computershare Voucher Services on 0845 002 1111 or visit the Computershare Voucher website.