Training opportunities for 16- to 19-year-olds
Our Inspire Learning team provide training opportunities for 16- to 19-year-olds (plus students up to the age of 24 with a learning difficulty) across Nottinghamshire.
Our training programmes offer individual training and support, resulting in nationally recognised qualifications that will help students progress onto further training opportunities and employment.
We provide quality facilities with professionally qualified staff that care about young people and their future.
Watch Jake's video and read his story to find out about the difference that Inspire Learning training has made to one Nottinghamshire student.
Study Programmes and Traineeships courses
Our Study Programmes and Traineeships courses include:
- City & Guilds Health and Social Care Level 1
- City & Guilds Health and Social Care Level 2
- City & Guilds Level 1 Certificate: Introduction to the Hospitality Industry
- City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Hospitality Services
- AIM Awards Level 1 and 2 in Carpentry and Joinery
- AIM AWARDS Level 1 and 2 in Painting and Decorating
- AIM Awards in Employability and Personal and Social Development (Levels 1 and 2 and Access All Areas).
- AIM Awards Level 1 and 2 in Bricklaying and Construction
- City & Guilds IT User Skills Level 1 and 2
GCSE or Functional Skills Maths and English are an integral part of our programmes.
Personalised study programme
A typical week of training on the study programme will include:
- vocational training
- functional skills
- work experience
- information technology
- personal development
- employability skills
- examining self image
- building confidence
- communication skills
- identifying realistic opportunities
- interview techniques
- job search
- support in finding employment or further training.
Gaining your qualification
To gain your qualification you will need to show that you can perform tasks in the workplace or at the training centre. You'll also build a portfolio including written work and evidence relating to practical tasks.
You can work at your own pace collecting units towards your qualification. When you have completed all the units you will receive your qualification certificate. Your tutor will support you throughout your learning and help you with any learning difficulties or disabilities you may have.
In addition to the study programme, we also offer traineeships for up to six months which include:
- a work placement offering developmental work experience
- work training skills, for example CV writing, interview preparation and interpersonal skills
- qualification in maths and English
- a range of support and flexible training to help develop skills and progress quickly on to an apprenticeship or secure employment.
Inspire Learning Nottinghamshire offer a growing range of apprenticeships, please contact them for more information on 01623 677 200 or email email@example.com
We pay a bursary to all students of up to £100 per month. These payments are weighted towards those who face the most challenging financial barriers to taking part in education. All travel cost is refunded and Child Benefit is not affected.
Where you can find us
Eastbourne House (Sutton in Ashfield), MyPlace at the Westfield Folkhouse (Mansfield), Hucknall Young People's Centre, Eastwood Young People's Centre, Arnold Redhill Young People's Centre, Stapleford Young People's Centre, Worksop Library (currently based at The Crossing), Retford Young People's Centre and Newark Library.
Download our brochure
Download our Inspire Learning 16-24 Study Programme
To find out more about what courses we have that may suit you, contact us on 0115 804 3611 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, telephone number, which type of courses you are interested in and which area you live in.