- 1 punnet of large cherry tomatoes
- Stalks of chives (how many depends on the amount of tomatoes)
- 8oz of low fat cream cheese
- 1 cucumber
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil
- Salt / pepper if needed
(Ingredients above based on 15 tomatoes).
- With stem side down, cut a cross in the top of each tomato (about ¾ down the tomato).
- Using a small spoon, scrape out the tomato seeds.
- Make a small hole where the stem is (you could use a tooth pick). This is where the chive stalks will go.
- Finely chop or grate the cucumber.
- Mix the cream cheese, cucumber and basil (salt and pepper too, if wanted).
- Add a teaspoon of cream cheese mixture to each tomato tulip.
- Insert a chive into each hole at the bottom of the tomatoes.
- You can use a damp paper towel to clean away any excess filling from outside of the tomatoes.
- Prepare the tulip bouquet on a large plate. Use a chive stalk to wrap around the tulip stems to complete the bouquet.