Karachi biscuits are egg-less fruit biscuits, and popular tea time cookies in India. Sweet, delicious, and perfect for Diwali.
- 200grms plain flour or 4 tablespoons custard powder
- Pinch salt
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom powder
- ¾ cup unsalted butter or 12 tablespoons room temp
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons icing sugar
- ¾ teaspoon pineapple essence or rose
- ¾ cup glace fruit cherries, angelica, mangos etc.
- Sift together the flour / custard powder with the salt and cardamom powder. Set aside.
- Beat the butter and icing sugar together until creamy smooth, using mixer or hands. Add essence mix till combined. Add in the flour and glace fruits, mix all together into a dough.
- Divide the dough into two equal parts, roll into a log shape. then wrap the logs tightly in cling film and put in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
- When chilled, cut into round cookies around ¼ inch thick.
- Wrap the logs with a cling sheet tightly and refrigerate for minimum of 2 hours.
- Place on parchment paper. Bake 350 F or 180 C / Gas mark 4, for 18 – 20 minutes
- Place cooked biscuits on a wire rack and leave to cool.