Easy cucumber Christmas trees
- 1 large carrot
- 1 whole cucumber
- Vegetable peeler
- Star cutter
- Peel the carrot, discarding the top and the bottom.
- From the thicker end of the carrot cut 8 rounds, around ½ cm thick.
- Using a mini star-shape cutter (or a knife, if you don't have a star cutter - be careful, especially if there are young children around) cut a star from each piece of carrot.
- Divide and cut the remaining piece of carrot into 8 pieces, which will form the trunks of your cucumber trees.
- Set the carrot stars and pieces to one side.
- Using a vegetable peeler, cut long strips from the cucumber, the whole length long.
- Starting at the smallest end, carefully fold a strip of cucumber back and forth, starting with small folds and getting gradually bigger with each one, until you have created a tree shape.
- Push the folds together and push a cocktail stick through to skewer them from top to bottom.
- Push the cocktail stick into one of the carrot pieces, big fold slide down.
- Push a carrot star onto the other end of the cocktail stick.
- Carefully separate the folds a little so that the cucumber fills the space between the two carrot pieces.
- Stand your edible Christmas tree on a plate or serving tray.