Easter egg chicks
- 8 eggs
- 1½ tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon of yellow mustard
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- Season to taste (salt / pepper)
- 1 carrot
- 16 peppercorns or black olives
- Place the eggs into a large pan of cold-water. Put onto the stove. When the water is boiling, turn the heat down and simmer for 7 mins.
- Once cooked, drain the eggs, and run under cold water.
- Wait for the eggs to cool, then peel them.
- When completely cool, cut a tiny bit off the bottom so they will stand, then cut the top off each egg. Gently scoop out the yolk and place in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add mayonnaise, mustard, paprika, salt and pepper to the egg yolks. Whisk together until completely smooth.
- Place the egg yolk mixture into a piping bag. If you don’t have one, a sandwich bag will do.
- Cut a little bit off the bag and pipe the mixture into the larger part of the egg, so it stands over the top of the egg white.
- Cut the carrot into round circles then into 4 to make little triangles for the beak and feet. Then you can use the peppercorns or cut up the olives for the eyes.
- Put them in place on the mixture making a chick face. Finish off by putting the smaller egg white you cut off on top.