Apply to become a chaperone
Please be aware it could take up to eight weeks for you to receive your chaperone licence.
You will need
- Name and email addresses of two references
- A passport-type photo taken against a white background.
- To complete a new DBS check
- To book onto a training session (not applicable for chaperone renewals)
- To make an online payment (see fees information below)
There are two chaperone licences that you can apply for:
Apply for a Professional License if you are contracted to an organisation as a paid-for chaperone.
- DBS: £44
- Training: £80 (not applicable for renewals)
- Total: £124
Apply for a Volunteer License if you are not receiving paid work as a chaperone (e.g. if you a volunteer for a local dance school).
- DBS: free
- Training: £45 (not applicable for renewals)
What will happen next
Once you have completed the form, you will receive email confirmation and a reference number.
The DBS will then contact you via email to complete your application. Please check your junk email folder if you have not received anything before your training session.Apply now
Alternative ways to do this
All chaperones must apply online. Paper applications will no longer be accepted.
For further information or advice, please contact our Children in Entertainment, Employment and Chaperone Licences team via:
- email: email@example.com