Funded childcare places for two-year-olds
If you have a young child they may be entitled to a funded nursery or early years place.
The criteria for eligibility is different if your child is two-years-old or if they are three- or four-years-old.
Below, you can apply or enquire for a funded early years place for your child below if they are eligible.
Your two-year-old child may qualify for a funded early years place if:
- your home address is in Nottinghamshire, and
- they are classed as a "looked after child" (a "looked after child" is a child who is (a) in the care of a local authority, or (b) being provided with accommodation by a local authority in the exercise of their social services function. The term "looked after child" would include a child who was previously "looked after" but, immediately thereafter, became subject to an adoption, resident or special guardianship order)
- have left care through special guardianship or an adoption or residence order.
OR you receive one of the following benefits:
- income support
- income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- income-related employment support allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- guarantee element of state pension credit
- child tax credit and also that your household’s yearly income does not exceed £16,190 (as assessed by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs)
- you receive Working Tax Credits and your household’s gross annual earnings are no more than £16,190 as above
- Universal Credit - if you and your partner are on a low income from work (this usually means a combined income of less than £15,400 after tax)
- your child receives Disability Living Allowance.
- your child has an Education Health and Care plan.
If they are two between:
- 1 September and 31 December – Apply between October and December, eligible from January (spring term)
- 1 January and 31 March – Apply between January and March eligible from April (summer term)
- 1 April and 31 August – Apply between mid-May and August eligible from September (autumn term)
Please note: our system will only allow parents or Customer Service Centre to submit applications up to 16 weeks before the term in which the child would be entitled to start their free place (see dates in previous paragraph). If it is more than 16 weeks before the term start date then you will not be able to proceed with your application. Please apply at a later date in this instance.
Places are available in Ofsted-rated good or outstanding providers on the Nottinghamshire directory for up to 15 hours per week for 38 weeks per year (term time only).Get started
Alternative ways to do this
If you are unable to complete the form online, you can contact us on 0300 500 80 80 or email@example.com.