Paediatric First Aid Training
All early years workforce.
About this course
This course will cover the requirement of the EYFS that all staff hold a current Paediatric First Aid Certificate (12 hour).
The course will cover the following areas:
- be able to assess an emergency situation and prioritise what action to take
- help a baby or child who is unresponsive and breathing normally
- help a baby or child who is unresponsive and not breathing normally
- help a baby or child who is having a seizure
- help a baby or child who is choking
- help a baby or child who is bleeding
- help a baby or child who is suffering from shock caused by severe blood loss (hypovolemic shock)
- help a baby or child who is suffering from anaphylactic shock
- help a baby or child who has had an electric shock
- help a baby or child who has burns or scalds
- help a baby or child who has a suspected fracture
- help a baby or child with head, neck or back injuries
- help a baby or child who is suspected of being poisoned
- help a baby or child with a foreign body in eyes, ears or nose
- help a baby or child with an eye injury
- help a baby or child with a bite or sting
- help a baby or child who is suffering from the effects of extreme heat or cold
- help a baby or child having: a diabetic emergency; an asthma attack; an allergic reaction; meningitis; and/or febrile convulsions
- understand the role and responsibilities of the paediatric first aider (including appropriate contents of a first aid box and the need for recording accidents and incidents).
On completion of the courses delegates will receive a certificate which is valid for 3 years.
It is a requirement of this course that delegates attend the full 12 hours training in order to receive their certificate.
Date, time and venue
4 - 5 November
8.30am - 5pm
Mansfield Woodhouse Children's Centre
11 - 12 November
8.30am - 5pm
Notts Save A Life.
The following costs will apply to this training course:
You must use the Eventbrite link to book a course. You cannot contact the course admin to book.
Make sure you have your manager's approval before booking on a course.
If you have booked a place but find you cannot make it, remember to cancel your place so others can attend.
Please remember to bring your Eventbrite ticket on the day.
If you fail to attend a course you have booked on without cancelling your place via your Eventbrite account no refund will be given.
To view or change your booking in any way (such as cancelling your place) you must setup an Eventbrite account.
The email address you use to set up your account must be the same you used when originally booking the course.
Make sure your email address is correct or you will not receive any of the course information or notifications.
If you cannot go on a course and want a colleague to go in your place: if there are still places left then your colleague must book their own place and you must cancel yours. Call 0115 977 2510 to change the booking.
If you need more information please contact our business support team:
- Telephone: 0115 977 2510
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org