Paediatric First Aid Training
All early years workforce.
About this course
This course will cover the requirement of the EYFS that all staff hold a current Paediatric First Aid Certificate (12 hour).
The course will cover the following areas:
- be able to assess an emergency situation and prioritise what action to take
- help a baby or child who is unresponsive and breathing normally
- help a baby or child who is unresponsive and not breathing normally
- help a baby or child who is having a seizure
- help a baby or child who is choking
- help a baby or child who is bleeding
- help a baby or child who is suffering from shock caused by severe blood loss (hypovolemic shock)
- help a baby or child who is suffering from anaphylactic shock
- help a baby or child who has had an electric shock
- help a baby or child who has burns or scalds
- help a baby or child who has a suspected fracture
- help a baby or child with head, neck or back injuries
- help a baby or child who is suspected of being poisoned
- help a baby or child with a foreign body in eyes, ears or nose
- help a baby or child with an eye injury
- help a baby or child with a bite or sting
- help a baby or child who is suffering from the effects of extreme heat or cold
- help a baby or child having: a diabetic emergency; an asthma attack; an allergic reaction; meningitis; and/or febrile convulsions
- understand the role and responsibilities of the paediatric first aider (including appropriate contents of a first aid box and the need for recording accidents and incidents).
On completion of the courses delegates will receive a certificate which is valid for 3 years.
It is a requirement of this course that delegates attend the full 12 hours training in order to receive their certificate.
Date, time and venue
|8 and 15 March 2024
|09.30 to 16:00
|Rufford Suite (County Hall)
Please note that each provision of this course is over two dates, delegates must attend both days. This Two Day training will be delivered face to face. You only need to book one ticket for both days.
Notts Save A Life
The following costs will apply to this training course:
Further course information
You must use the Eventbrite link to book a course. You cannot contact the course admin to book.
Make sure you have your manager's approval before booking on a course.
If you have booked a place but find you cannot make it, remember to cancel your place so others can attend.
Please remember to bring your Eventbrite ticket on the day.
Please see the cancellations and non-attendance policy on our main TADO page.
If you need more information please contact our business support team:
- Telephone: 0115 977 2510
- Email: email@example.com