Learning environments to support children with sensory needs
SENDCOs and key persons working with children with sensory needs. It is recommended that delegates attend the Sensory Processing course before attending this training.
About this course
This course has the same content as the "Creating enabling environments for children with sensory needs" course.
Time will be spent considering what makes an enabling environment for children with sensory needs.
This course will cover:
● Identifying barriers to learning and play
● How the environment can be adapted to meet individual sensory needs and fun for all
● A demonstration on how to use low tech sensory resources to create an enabling environment
Dates, times and venue
|4 November 2022||9.30 - 12.00||Rufford Suite, County Hall|
- £30 for Nottinghamshire County Council early years settings
- £60 for non-Nottinghamshire County Council early years settings (out of Nottinghamshire county)
Further course information
● To feel more confident in identifying the barriers to learning and play
● To understand the importance of adapting the environment to meet a learner's sensory needs to aid engagement and learning
● To give practical ideas on how to adapt the environment to reduce sensory sensitivities while meeting sensory needs
● To have a range of ideas on how to adapt the environment to meet learners needs thus reducing sensory sensitivities, while providing sensory information needed to help regulate and calm the learner
● To have a bank of resource ideas to support learning and engagement
● To develop engagement and learning for learners who have sensory difficulties
You must use the Eventbrite link to book a course. You cannot contact the course admin to book.
Make sure you have your manager's approval before booking on a course.
If you have booked a place but find you cannot make it, remember to cancel your place so others can attend.
Please remember to bring your Eventbrite ticket on the day.
If you fail to attend a course you have booked on without cancelling your place via your Eventbrite account no refund will be given.
To view or change your booking in any way (such as cancelling your place) you must setup an Eventbrite account.
The email address you use to set up your account must be the same you used when originally booking the course.
Make sure your email address is correct or you will not receive any of the course information or notifications.
If you cannot go on a course and want a colleague to go in your place: if there are still places left then your colleague must book their own place and you must cancel yours. Call 0115 977 2510 to change the booking.
If you need more information please contact our business support team:
- Telephone: 0115 977 2510
- Email: email@example.com