Nottinghamshire Coronavirus Community Support Hub
The Nottinghamshire Coronavirus Community Support Hub brings together the many local volunteer groups offering help for those who are staying at home and having to self-isolate because of a positive Coronavirus test result or who find themselves without a regular support network and in need of help due to the ongoing pandemic.
- request support, e.g. you may need help with getting food or medicines
- offer volunteer support if you are an individual, group or organisation
Information with regard to local and national initiatives
Find information and links to local and national initiatives, e.g. you may need help to withdraw cash or access benefits or support with your mental health and physical wellbeing.
If you've been instructed to self-isolate at home and don’t have the support of family and neighbours, or are currently without a support network and are in need of help, there are local volunteer groups and services who can help you with:
- access to food delivery: from commercial food outlets who offer a food delivery or click and collect service. Help from a volunteer with food shopping and food deliveries
- access to food supply: such as food banks for individuals able to confirm they are without financial means
- accessing medicine: collecting and delivering prescriptions from a pharmacy or supermarket
- dog walking: walking your dog(s) if you are unable to get out of the house
- befriending / social wellbeing: having a friendly chat over the phone, and providing updates on what is going on in your local area regarding COVID-19
- physical wellbeing: staying mobile and active, access virtual gym sessions, provide advice about health.
- Inspire Libraries are offering a NEW click and collect and home delivery service: if you are looking for help with the collection, delivery and return of library books, please complete the request form or you can contact the Ask Inspire Library team on 01623 677200 or by email email@example.com. Read more about the new click and collect home delivery service.
- Test and Trace Support Payment - find out more about the scheme in Nottinghamshire.
To find what services are being offered in your area, use the search below. You will need to answer the yes/no question before proceeding.
Please note that we do not endorse any of the organisations listed and that users should exercise usual caution.
If you have experienced any problems or have concerns with any of the organisations or volunteers listed on the Community Hub, please let us know by raising a concern online.
If you are a County resident without internet access then please phone 0300 500 8080 (open 8am to 5pm, Monday to Friday) and one of our customer advisors will be able to help you complete your support request. If you require urgent assistance outside of these hours, please phone the Police on 101.
If you are worried about your health or have Coronavirus symptoms check the NHS website.
Nottinghamshire County Council, Ashfield District Council, Bassetlaw District Council, Browtowe Borough Council, Gedling Borough Council, Mansfield District Council, Newark and Sherwood District Council and Rushcliffe Borough Council will continue to work together to help individuals and groups to provide support to those residents who need it, while meeting our own obligations with regard to providing support to everyone involved.