Types of support
Our Shared Lives scheme, which is rated as Outstanding by the Care Quality Commission, helps adults who need support to live more independently in the community and provides an alternative to residential care.
We need carers from all kinds of backgrounds to provide support in their home, drawing on their families, friends and neighbours to help some of our most isolated and vulnerable people to be part of a community.
A range of Shared Lives opportunities are available, all based in the carer’s home:
- long term live-in arrangement
- somewhere to stay for a short break
- somewhere to go for daytime support
- supporting a person to live independently or be part of their community
- somewhere to stay while a person recovers after leaving hospital.
Shared Lives carers are paid depending on the level of support they provide.