Become a support worker
Are you supportive, thoughtful and kind? Are you looking for a fulfilling and rewarding career to be proud of, where every single day you will go home knowing you have made a meaningful, supportive and positive difference to people’s lives?
Being a support worker is about helping people to manage their lives to their full potential in both the local community and in the person’s own home. You will enable people to have a fulfilling, meaningful and dignified life, whilst encouraging the people you support to retain their independence and learn new skills.
Our services support mainly younger adults (under 65) in their own homes who often have a range of disabilities. For some people the support is available 24 hours a day whilst for other people it is required during part of a day.
Due to the varied nature of support, providers can offer flexible hours to fit around your family, social life, and friends. Everyone gets a full induction when they start, with ongoing training and development. A role in Adult Social Care has endless possibilities with huge scope for progression for those committed to supporting people.
While the role requires some core life skills like teamwork, good communication and listening skills, it's your values, behaviour and attitude that will set you apart.
If you're the sort of person who treats others with respect, listens to their needs and understands their emotions and is kind, supportive and understanding, then this could be the career for you.
Does this sound like you? If the answer is yes, why not see what support worker roles are available in the local area where you can make a real positive difference to someone’s life?
We work with support providers across the county who deliver care to our citizens on our behalf. Look at the support providers below to see some of the providers in your local area with vacancies: -
- Ambient Support – Bassetlaw
- Autistic Nottingham
- Aspirations Care – Mansfield
- Blue Sky – Rushcliffe & Gedling
- CCT Community Enablement Support – Mansfield & Ashfield
- Choice Support
- Community Integrated Care – Broxtowe, Gedling and Rushcliffe
- Eden Futures – Bassetlaw, Newark, Ashfield & Mansfield
- FitzRoy – Newark, Broxtowe, Rushcliffe & Gedling
- JRH – Gedling
- Lifeways and Future Home Care – Bassetlaw, Newark, Mansfield, Ashfield & Rushcliffe
- Mencap – Countywide
- NCHA – Bassetlaw and Countywide
- Perthyn – Newark, Mansfield and Bassetlaw
- Sun Healthcare – Mansfield
- Voyage Care – Gedling, Rushcliffe & Ashfield
- United Response – Mansfield & Ashfield.
Check out some of the benefits that our providers offer (these may vary depending on the company):
- competitive hourly rates of pay
- free uniform
- full training and ongoing support
- employee offers and discounts
- a chance to increase your career opportunities
- flexible working hours.
Find out more about working in supported living
Listen to what our Care Professionals said about working in supported living.