Nottinghamshire Police and Crime Panel
The County Council is the host authority for the Nottinghamshire Police and Crime Panel.
The Police and Crime Panel scrutinises the action and decision of the Police and Crime Commissioner (PPC) and makes sure information is available for the public.
Role of the panel
The panel will support and challenge the PCC in carrying out their functions. It will focus on important strategic actions and decisions made by the PCC, including whether they have:
- achieved the aims set out in their police and crime plan and annual report
- considered the priorities of community safety partners
- consulted appropriately with the public and victims.
The panel has a range of powers to help it carry out its functions and specific responsibilities relating to the police and crime plan and annual report. The panel can:
- make reports and recommendations on the plan and annual report
- publish all reports and recommendations that it makes
- hold public meetings to discuss the annual report
- ask for a professional hearing from HM Inspectorate of Constabulary
- appoint an acting PCC if the elected one cannot carry out their role
- hold confirmation hearings for senior staff
- monitor complaints against the PCC and deal with non-criminal complaints
- request the PCC attend panel meetings to answer questions.
Meetings of the panel
To make a complaint about the Nottinghamshire Police and Crime Commissioner view our complaints page.