Request a healthcare waste collection
Healthcare waste refers to any waste produced by, and as a consequence of, healthcare activities. It is very important that this type of waste is assessed by a healthcare professional in order to make sure it is disposed of appropriately.
For more information refer to the community healthcare sections of the following documents:
- Guidance from the Royal College of Nursing: The management of waste from health, social and personal care
- Guidance from GOV.UK: Management and disposal of healthcare waste
This service is for
Healthcare professionals to request a separate healthcare waste collection for their patients.
You must be:
- a healthcare professional (eg GP, nurse, registrar etc but not healthcare assistant or carer), so we have the specialist information we need to dispose of the waste safely and legally
- making a request on behalf of your patient who is a resident of Nottinghamshire (excluding the city of Nottingham).
You will need
- your patient's details
- details of the type of healthcare waste being produced and its infectious status
What will happen next
Once you have submitted the form, we will pass this request on to the relevant local borough or district council who will contact the patient within 10 working days to advise them of the collection arrangements for their waste.
Please ensure that the patient understands that the collection will not start within 10 working days.Request collection