Mobility Strategy for Nottinghamshire
The Mobility Strategy for Nottinghamshire focuses on groups who are less able to make use of the main commercial bus network. It also looks at new ways of working with suppliers of alternative modes of transport to ensure that everyone has access to services.
Aims of the strategy
The strategy sets out a new framework for transport services for people with mobility needs. This will allow county residents, whether disabled, frail, elderly, young or rurally isolated, to:
- access services and facilities which they need to, in order to play a full role in the community
- travel, within reason, when they wish to travel
- access transport services which are reasonably priced
- be provided with appropriate transport services to allow them to access the nearest town/transport hub from which they can travel onwards to their destination
- enjoy a range of accessible, flexible and efficient transport services
- use transport services to access employment, education and training opportunities.
Download the strategy
The Mobility Strategy for Nottinghamshire was approved by the council's Cabinet on 6 April 2011:
A Mobility Strategy update [PDF] is also available from May 2013.