Making changes to waterways

Ordinary Watercourses - Land Drainage Consent

If you want to build a culvert or structure (such as a weir) on an ordinary watercourse that may affect flow or flood risk, you may need to apply for written consent before starting the work.


This service is for consent to build a culvert or structure (such as a weir) to control the flow of water on any ordinary watercourse.

You will need

  • Details of the work you plan to carry out (plans and other documents can be uploaded to the online application or posted/emailed in separately)
  • Payment card details (the cost is £50 per proposed structure)



Alternative ways to do this

(Plans and other documents can be posted or emailed in separately)

  • If you’d like to complete an application and payment over the phone, contact us.

Nottinghamshire County Council
Flood Risk Management Team
Trent Bridge House
Fox Road
West Bridgford

Please enclose a cheque with your application made payable to Nottinghamshire County Council

The cost of the application is £50 per proposed structure (2 structures = £100 application fee)

If you need help filling in this form or require it in a different format (e.g. in large print, in Braille or on CD), contact us.

Share this page?