Remembrance Sunday: Honey And Oatmeal Cookies
With a cookie cutting and some red and black icing, you can make some poppy biscuits for Remembrance Sunday.
- 85 grams plain flour
- 85 grams wholemeal flour
- 70 grams baking margarine
- 100 grams caster sugar
- 5 grams baking powder
- 55 grams oats
- 35 grams honey
- Red and black icing
- Cream together the margarine and sugar.
- Add flour, baking powder, oats and honey.
- Continue mixing until all ingredients bind together.
- Form into a roll and cut into 8 portions.
- Place cookies on a greased tray (6 to a tray).
- Bake in a moderate oven - Gas mark 4 / 180 C / 350 F - for 15-20 minutes.
- Finish with the icing.