Complaints against the Commissioner

The Nottinghamshire Police and Crime Commissioner Panel is responsible for dealing with complaints against the Police and Crime Commissioner and the Deputy Police and Crime Commissioner. 

Criminal complaints will be referred by the Panel to the Independent Police Complaints Commission. The panel will deal with other complaints following the agreed complaints procedure [PDF].

 There are separate procedures for complaints regarding:

  • the Commissioner's office and staff
  • the Chief Constable, other police officers and operational policing.

Details of how to make these types of complaints are available from the Commissioner's website. 

Submitting a complaint against the Commissioner/ Deputy Commissioner

Please use our online complaints form to submit your complaint.

When submitting a complaint you should provide as much information as possible, being specific about:

  • what was allegedly said or done
  • the date it happened
  • whether there were any witnesses.

If you wish to send a complaint form in writing post it to:

The Monitoring Officer
Nottinghamshire County Council
County Hall
West Bridgford
NG2 7QP.

Wherever possible, complaints will be acknowledged within five working days and concluded within 40 working days if dealt with through informal resolution.


Share this page?