Looking after your sexual health is a vital part of taking care of your physical and mental health.
Good sexual health is important for all of us throughout the course of our lifetime.
Taking good care of your sexual health can include:
- planning for and using contraception
- understanding about changes to your body
- learning how to avoid sexual transmitted infections and unintended pregnancy
- knowing where to go if you want help and advice about your sexual health.
We commission open access, free and confidential sexual health services across the county to ensure people can have their sexual health and or contraceptive needs met.
Integrated Sexual Health Services
There are three Integrated Sexual Health Services (ISHS) providing a broad range of clinics at various times and venues across the country.
You can find out more about each service and how to access it via their websites or by calling the service directly.
North Nottinghamshrie (Bassetlaw)
- Bassetlaw TriHealth
- Worksop - Ryton Street Clinic telephone: 01909 571571
- Retford - Retford Hospital Clinic telephone: 01777 200177
Mid Nottinghamshire (Mansfield, Ashfield, Newark and Sherwood)
- My Sexual Health
- telephone: 01623 672260
South Nottinghamshire (Broxtowe, Gedling, Rushcliffe) and Nottingham City
- NUH Sexual Health Service
- telephone: 0115 9627627
GPs and pharmacists
In addition to the ISHS some further services are available from participating GP practices and pharmacists.
General Practice - some GP practices offer long acting reversible contraception (LARC) but this is not available from all practices so please check in advance.
Pharmacists - free emergency contraception is available from some pharmacies throughout the county. However, some pharmacists do charge, so please check in advance.
General information about sexual health can be found at NHS Choices.