Historical abuse survivors meeting
The cross authority (Nottinghamshire County Council, Nottingham City Council and Nottinghamshire Police) Strategic Management Group for Historical Abuse established the Survivors Support Group in March 2016.
The purpose of the group is to provide a forum for victims and survivors and their representatives to meet with key members of the Local Safeguarding Boards. The key functions of the group are:
- To ensure that effective lines of communication are established between victims and survivors and their representatives and the Local Safeguarding Boards.
- To receive feedback from victims and survivors and their representatives on the services being provided by partners to support victims and survivors of historical abuse.
- To provide updates to victims and survivors and their representatives regarding on-going historical abuse investigations and the Independent Inquiry into Child Sexual Abuse (IICSA).
Membership of the Survivors Support Group include:
- survivors of historical abuse and their representatives including the Nottinghamshire Child Sexual Survivors Group and the East Midlands Survivors group
- Nottinghamshire County Council
- Nottingham City Council
- Clinical Commissioning Groups
- Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust
- Nottinghamshire Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner.
The Survivors Support Group meetings will normally meet every six to eight weeks.
A brief note of the key actions agreed at the meetings will be published on the City and County Councils' websites following approval by the Survivors Support Group.