Grow-wise Child Development Programme
This new innovative resource, developed by Nottinghamshire County Council and the University of Nottingham, provides frontline practitioners with an accessible, well-researched and practice-based training programme covering all aspects of child development from conception through to 19 years of age.
About the training
We recognise that the growth in multi-agency working, coupled with the need to work with families in a more holistic way, requires a much broader understanding of child development amongst professionals who engage with children, young people and their families - providing them with a shared understanding of what 'normal' child development looks like and a common language with which to voice their concerns to other professionals.
This unique online training programme provides a range of organisations with a highly cost effective way of training entire cohorts of staff. Equally, in the current economic climate, it makes good business sense to be able to offer staff a programme that they can access at a time to suit themselves, and in a place convenient to them – without incurring the costs of trainers, venues, catering and travel.
The Grow-wise Child Development Programme has been based on research conducted on behalf of the Department for Education. Read the full report below:
- Child and family practitioners' understanding of child development: Lessons learnt from a small sample of serious case reviews [PDF].
The training programme includes:
- 22 learning modules divided across age groups and development fields (physical, emotional etc.)
- 8 hours of learning materials (which can be spread over a given period)
- assessments at the end of each age group
- case studies to reflect upon and take back to the workplace for further discussion
- certificate of completion
- additional downloadable/printable resources for further study
- manager's handbook - so that learning can be consolidated back in the workplace
- evaluation resources and follow-up support (optional).
This programme is available to statutory, private and voluntary organisations – and would be relevant to a wide range of practitioners, including social workers, health professionals, police, youth workers, foster carers and those working for family-focussed charities. It can be purchased on an annual licence, or per-head, basis.
Find out more
For further details, or to discuss your organisation's needs, please contact our Children's Workforce Development Manager:
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- phone: 0115 977 3004.