[Skip to content]

Nottinghamshire County Council - Proud of our past, ambitious for our future

Dropped kerbs across driveways

Request a dropped kerb

Telephone icon

Contact us for more information

tel: 0300 500 80 80

To get your vehicle from the road and onto your drive you will need a properly constructed 'vehicular crossing', also known as a 'dropped kerb'. This is to prevent damage to the pavement and/or verge and also protects underground pipes and cables. 

Planning permission

If you want a dropped kerb outside your property you will always need our approval for the works to be carried out and you may also need to get formal planning permission from your local district council.

Who can install a dropped kerb

You may employ a contractor of your choice to carry out these works, subject to them meeting certain requirements. Your contractor will need to apply to Nottinghamshire County Council for a permit to alter the highway outside your property and we will inspect the work to ensure that it meets our specification.

How to get the work done

  • Contact us on tel: 0300 500 80 80
  • We will arrange for an officer to meet you at your property to fully advise you on your proposal (free of charge).
By using this site you are agreeing to our terms and conditions (including using cookies to collect anonymous usage statistics). If you do not agree you may either stop cookies in your browser settings or stop browsing the site. Find out more about how we use cookies.. Close