Passenger Assistant Training Scheme
Passenger Assistant Training Scheme (PATS) provides a nationally recognised standard of training to people whose role it is to provide care and assistance to passengers travelling by road.
The following modules are available:
- A – Standard (for passenger assistants supervising mainstream passengers)
- B1 – Accessible (for passenger assistants supervising disabled passengers)
- B2 – Accessible (for passenger assistants supervising disabled passengers who travel in wheelchairs)
- C1 – focussing on the care of children with special needs
- C2 – focussing on the needs of vulnerable adults who need additional care and supervision ie with learning difficulties or dementia
For further information, see the Community Transport Association website.
PATS Training Agencies
The following organisations can deliver all modules of PATS training:
- Clowne and District Community Transport telephone: 01246 573 040
- Community Transport for Town and County (CT4TC) telephone: 01773 746 652
- Erewash Community Transport telephone: 01159 309 134
- Nottinghamshire County Council telephone: 01159 694 390
- Rural Community Action Nottinghamshire (RCAN) telephone:01623 727 600.