This privacy statement tells you what to expect when Nottinghamshire County Council collects personal information. It applies to information we collect about:
- visitors to our website
- people who use our services
- people who contact us with an enquiry or complaint
- job applicants and our current and former employees
We regard your privacy as important and recognise the importance of complying with the Data Protection Act 1998.
- we will only use any personal information you send us for the purposes for which you provide it. We will ask for your consent to use it for another purpose unless it is anonymised first or there is a pressing need to use it for another purpose; see ‘Disclosure of information’ below
- we will only hold your information for as long as necessary for these purposes.
- all employees who have access to your personal data or are associated with the handling of that data are obliged to respect the confidentiality of your personal data.
- will have put in place procedures and technologies to maintain the security of all personal data from the point of collection to the point of destruction.
Upon request we will inform you whether personal information is stored by us.
You may write to:
Complaints and Information Team
Nottinghamshire County Council
Or email: email@example.com
- more information about requesting personal information
If you have concerns about the processing of your personal data by Nottinghamshire County Council you may contact us at the address above, or write to:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visitors to our website
Disclosure of information
In many circumstances we will not disclose personal information without consent. However in some circumstances we will need to share personal information, either with different departments within Nottinghamshire County Council, or with other organisations. For example we may need to share information without consent in order to prevent or detect crime, or for adult’s or children’s safeguarding.
We have entered into agreements with other organisations for sharing information. If you need any further information about this you can contact the Complaints and Information Team at the addresses above.
Other use of information
We may use information you send us for data analysis, research, statistical and survey purposes. This is to help us improve the services we provide. Where we use information for this purpose it is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone; the information is anonymised.
Images of individuals are treated as personal data. Images of crowds in a public area are not. When taking photographs intended for publication on our website or elsewhere, it is our policy to seek the written permission of any individuals who are photographed.
We will respond promptly to any request to remove photographic images and/or personal data from the website where the person making such a request has a right to do so under the Data Protection Act.
Links to other websites
This privacy notice does not cover the links within this site linking to other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on other websites you visit.
Changes to this privacy notice
We keep our privacy notice under regular review. This privacy notice was last updated in January 2016.
This privacy notice was drafted with brevity and clarity in mind. It does not provide exhaustive detail of all aspects of Nottinghamshire County Council’s collection and use of personal information. However, we are happy to provide any additional information or explanation needed. Any request for this should be sent to the Complaints and Information Team at the addresses above.