Complaints support

You can have someone to support you in making a complaint. They can be with you in any meetings involving your complaint and can speak on your behalf if you wish. 


If a vulnerable person needs support to make their views heard they can have an advocate. 

An advocate

  • is independent 
  • can help a vulnerable person understand what is happening
  • can speak on behalf of a vulnerable person. 

Special needs 

If you need help to take part in the complaints process let us know as soon as possible. We can then arrange support. 

For example:

  • you need documents in a different format such as Braille, large print, audio described or translated into a different language
  • an interpreter, if English is not your first language 
  • a loop hearing system 
  • facilities for a guide dog.

Share this page?

Contact the Council

Find and talk with us online or contact us directly by online form, email, telephone, post or in person at one of our offices. Use our online form Visit us in person Call us on 0300 500 80 80