The Family Service
The Family Service supports children, young people over the age of five and their families to help resolve significant problems and provide support. This may include:
- problems with attendance or behaviour at school
- problems with behaviour in the home
- problems with drugs or alcohol
- difficulties finding work, training or re-entering education having left school
- going missing from home or school
- support to homeless 16 to 18 year-olds, or those at risk of homelessness
- support to young carers
- support to kinship carers.
In appropriate cases we will offer families a case manager who will get to know the strengths and needs of family and will coordinate support.
When we cannot provide support directly we will support staff in schools, health centres and other settings to provide families with the help needed.
We also provide a range of one to one interventions for young people, such as anger management, classroom behaviour, child sexual exploitation risk awareness, online safety and healthy relationships, and a wide range of parenting programmes for parents and carers.
For families with children under the age of five support will be offered by your local children centre.
If you or someone you know needs support to deal with some of these issues contact the Early Help Unit by:
- telephone: 0115 804 1248
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need to pay a Penalty Notice Fine please phone 0115 804 1379 or 0115 804 1585.