Adult Deaf and Visual Impairment
If you have a sensory impairment and live in Nottinghamshire there is a range of support available to you. This includes people who are:
- deaf/ deafened/ have a hearing impairment
- blind/ visually impaired
- dual sensory impaired/ deaf blind.
How to get support?
If you think you need social care support, start by looking at our Nottinghamshire Help Yourself website. Here you will find information and advice for adults with a sensory impairment.
You can also get support from:
- The Nottinghamshire Deaf Society
- The Nottinghamshire Royal Society for the Blind
- Action on Hearing Loss
- The Federation for Deaf People
- British Tinnitus Association
- The Ear Foundation.
If you think you need care and support from us visit our care and support in Nottinghamshire page for more information. You will need to have a care and support assessment to find out if you are eligible for care and what type of support we can provide.
Adult Deaf and Visual Impairment Service
The Adult Deaf and Visual Impairment Service (ADVIS) provides specialist support to people with a sensory impairment. ADVIS has specialist workers who understand the difficulties caused by sensory impairment and can sign language.
- provide information and advice about your situation
- help you communicate when dealing with organisations and official paperwork
- help with everyday living tasks
- provide specialist equipment to make everyday living easier
- help you complete a care and support assessment.
Find out more
For more information contact us by:
- Telephone: 0300 500 80 80.
- email: email@example.com