Adult Deaf and Visual Impairment
If you have a sensory impairment and live in Nottinghamshire there is a range of support available to you. This includes people who are:
- deaf/ deafened/ have a hearing impairment
- blind/ visually impaired
- dual sensory impaired/ deaf blind.
Find out more about:
How to get support?
You can find support and services on the Notts Help Youself website, for:
You can also get support from:
- The Nottinghamshire Deaf Society
- The Nottinghamshire Royal Society for the Blind
- Action on Hearing Loss
- The Federation for Deaf People
- British Tinnitus Association
- The Ear Foundation.
If you think you need care and support from us visit our care and support in Nottinghamshire page for more information. You will need to have a care and support assessment to find out if you are eligible for care and what type of support we can provide.
Adult Deaf and Visual Impairment Service
The Adult Deaf and Visual Impairment Service (ADVIS) provides specialist support to people with a sensory impairment. ADVIS has specialist workers who understand the difficulties caused by sensory impairment and can use sign language.
- provide information and advice about your situation
- help with everyday living tasks
- provide specialist equipment to make everyday living easier
- help you complete a care and support assessment.
Sensory Impairment equipment
We can supply and advise on equipment if you have a sensory impairment. This includes people who are:
- deaf/ deafened/ hearing impaired
- blind/ visually impaired.
If you're interested in getting any sensory impairment equipment contact us on 0300 500 80 80.
Find out more
For more information see our support and guidance:
- Adult Deaf and Visual Impairment Services (ADVIS) support organisations
- ADVIS Dual Sensory Service
- ADVIS Hearing impairment reablement, (easy read version)
- ADVIS Social Care Support, (easy ready version)
- ADVIS Visual Impairment Reablement
- Deaf or hard of hearing communications: 10 top tips.
If you need further support, you can contact us by:
- telephone: 0300 500 80 80.
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org.