We've made some changes to our website. You may find some areas still in development. Read more about this work.

Breaks from caring

Carer’s breaks may be made available to you after the person you care for has a care and support assessment.

The assessment results can provide the person you care for with support like trips during the day or away days so you have time for a break.

You can also request a carer’s assessment, this looks at the carer’s needs and can result in extra support and a personal budget. A personal budget can be spent on:

  • funding towards the cost of holidays, weekends away, days out
  • transport for a break away or for visiting family.

Shared Lives

Our shared lives scheme can also help and provide a carer with breaks.

The person you care for can be supported by someone else and their family; this would provide you with breaks and some time for yourself.

Share this page?

Contact the Council

Find and talk with us online or contact us directly by online form, email, telephone, post or in person at one of our offices.

Facebook.com/Nottinghamshire Twitter.com/NottsCC Use our online form Visit us in person Call us on 0300 500 80 80